Thomson Directories Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting a free listing or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To allow you to more easily find previously viewed content when you return to thomsonlocal.com
These third party functions and their associated privacy policies are:
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
When contacting you for the above purposes, unless you tell us otherwise we may do so by phone, post, email, text message or any other way (electronic or otherwise). If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please send us an email at OptMeOut@thomsonlocal.com or contact our customer services team using the address or telephone number below:
Thomson Directories Limited
296 Farnborough Road,
Tel: 01252 555555
We may also permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone or, if you have consented, by electronic means. If you do not want your data used by third parties in this way, please send us an email at OptMeOut3rdParty@thomsonlocal.com or contact our customer services team using the address or telephone number above.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.